Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our little "FIRECRACKER" is here!!!


Archie Benjamin Parr has ARRIVED!!!!!
June 21, 2011
7lbs. 2oz
20 in. long
Chris and I are so excited about our little man. We cant wait for everyone to meet him.

Update on birth:  I had a doctor's appt yesterday and due to having some white cells in my urine my doctor was concerned that I was getting either a bladder infection or kidney infection so he decided he wanted to get Archie out before I got sick and complicated things with birth. So off to the hospital we went! They broke my water at 10:30... got my epidural at 12:30 (which was AMAZING!!!!) But then here came the "WAITING GAME". I wasn't progressing as fast as they hoped, so we talked about our options...AKA C-Section. I was checked at 5:30 and 7:30 and I was still at a 6. Then my doctor came in at 9 to check on me and I was fully dilated!!!! WHOO HOO!! I progressed FAST--- FINALLY!!! I started pushing and 20-30 minutes later, Archie was here. His cord was around his neck but as soon as he was unwrapped and getting clean, i heard the most wonderful noise... my little boy was CRYING!
I don't remember what his APGAR score was but he did great, Passed his hearing test and of course his "Grandaddy" Dr. Parr had to give him a once over today when he came over to see him!!

Chris, Archie and I are doing great. We are so thankful for all of our friends and family that have stopped by to see us and offer to help with anything! We are truly blessed!

Our wonderful and amazing friend Jessica Klima came to take pictures of the big event!! Here is the link to the pictures... http://jessicaklima.zenfolio.com/archiebirth

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Amanda! I love reading your blog.:) He is just the cutest little thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete