:::UPDATE:::
Monday night I started having contractions. I didn't think anything of it because I thought they were Braxton Hicks. Around 11pm they started getting worse and more frequent. Then at midnight after being in extreme pain, I woke Chris up and we decided to go to the hospital. After getting to the hospital they took me up to L&D to check me out. I was dilated 3cm and having strong/regular contractions. Finally around 3 they gave me Stadol for the pain and was able to sleep for about an hour. Hospital beds are not the most comfortable things in the world!! At 7 (shift change) my new nurse Amanda came in to check me...I was still at 3cm and my contractions were slowing down... AKA-- i was making NO progress :-( My doctor came in at 10:30 (he was scheduled for jury duty and had to go check in before he could come to see me) and since I wasn't in active labor anymore he wasn't in too big of a rush. When he checked me I was still at 3cm and my contractions where becoming more and more random and not as strong.
At some point during the night I had started bleeding. We didn't know if it was from my cervix or if I had an abruption. My doctor wasn't concerned since there wasn't a lot, but he kept me at the hospital just to monitor me a little while longer. Finally around 5pm he decided to let me go home since I was basically at a stand still.
This morning I had some new blood so I called my doctor and we went in and got an ultrasound. My doctor still had no clue as to why I was still bleeding. After doing an exam and ultrasound, he didn't find anything of concern. But he did want me to go back to L&D and hook up to the monitors to check out the baby.
Finally after being on the monitors for 2 1/2 hours he came over to check on me.
So... long story short everything is OK with Archie and momma!!! Heart rate is great, still lots of fluid, and Archie is moving like crazy. I am on bed rest now and go back for a check Monday morning! So pray that we have a uneventful rest of the week/weekend and that I keep him in a little while longer. The longer he stays in (bakes) the better!!!
Thanks to all our friends and family who called/texted/came to visit us and made sure we were ok or needed anything!! We are so blessed to have such great people in our life! Also a HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to my doctor (David Meduna) and my nurse (Amanda)
Oh I HATE sleeping at the hospital!!! I'm glad you got to go home and that Archie can hang in there for a little longer, but I bet you don't have to wait too much longer to meet him!
ReplyDelete