Tuesday, January 22, 2013

catching up on Life with the Parr's

OK-- I am so sorry I have been MIA for awhile, but with the holidays and a BUSY 18 month old, correction...19 month old :-) I don't get much time to sit down at the computer and update everyone!

This post is mainly to catch up on whats been going on...
Chris, Archie and I had a great Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve with the Parr's and then Christmas morning we drove to Cedar Park to stay with my family for a few days! Is it funny that I still call Cedar Park "HOME"??!!?? I guess I should really work on changing that!

We went to Dallas for New Years to spend time with with John, Katie, Khloe, and Jase! This was our first time to see Jase and we all had a great time. I wish I could post pictures but I for some reason cant seem to figure out why BLOGGER wont let me! Frustrating!!!

Chris went back up to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl. Which after the fact, I'm a little jealous that I didn't go :-) WHAT A GAME!!!! whoop! And they said A&M couldn't compete in the SEC! HA
I decided to stay home with Archie, because on Tuesday I would be heading to Washington DC and Archie was already going to my parents for the week. I didn't want to be away from him any longer than I needed to be! Now, I'm sure Mom and Dad would of loved to have him longer, but I miss my lil man when he's gone!

Monday before I left for DC I started feeling bad... body aches, chills, fever, headache... all the symptoms of the flu! SERIOUSLY!!!! I had a flu test done and it was negative. good and bad at the same time! I really didn't think Id make it to DC.
Tuesday morning came. I woke up extra early to give myself more time to get ready. Chris and I left in plenty of time to get me some food. I was still feeling pretty bad, but I needed something! So, we get to the airport at 6:30 (well, that's what my watch said) Their clock sad 6:33.... and guess what... they CLOSE check in 30 minutes before the flight. My flight was a 7!! The guy wouldn't let me check in and told me to go to Houston to catch my connection! WTH! This guy was a total JERK!!!!
Chris has to take off work and drive me to Houston--- this trip is starting out awesome huh!!!
We get to Houston and I check-in and they said that since I was a "NO-SHOW" in College Station, all my flights had been canceled!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Because the guy in College Station wouldn't take 5 minutes to help me out, all my trip is screwed!
So I have to go inside to talk to a ticket agent and get everything fixed. In the meantime, Chris left the car running outside at the drop off. Which the gentlemen said it would be ok for him to do... can you see where this is going?
So, FINALLY we get everything fixed and I am on my way. At this point I am still not feeling so great, so I'm nervous how I'll feel on the flight.
I was really excited that I had a window seat so I was looking forward to flying into DC and being able to see it all from above... well I get on the plane and some chick is in my seat!!!
Now, normally I would of said something... and I probably should of, but I was in no mood to deal with any more drama!
And yes, I did miss seeing everything when we flew in!!! GGGRRRRR! Guess I'll just have to go back :-)
Luckily, I didn't have to wait long for Becky! We got a cab and headed to our hotel....

OH--- I think i failed to mention why I went to DC. Becky was going there to work on grant stuff with the NSF and I tagged a long!

We had dinner with some of the other people from Arkansas State... we went to an Ethiopian restaurant! It wasn't my favorite! Very different. I wish I could post pictures of our food so I could describe it better!!!

Wednesday- I did all the tourist stuff. I started at the Lincoln Memorial and walked all the way down the Mall. I saw the Washington Monument, White House, American History Museum, Natl. Aquarium, Air and Space Museum and everything else in-between there! I did A LOT of walking! I was on my way to the Capitol and it started raining so I decided to go back to the hotel. That night Becky and I did a night time tour. Our tour guide was something else. He didn't know American history very well and I really think he was into conspiracy theory stuff. He talked a lot about the Free Masons. The city is beautiful at night with all the memorials lit up!
AGAIN--- i really wish I could post my pictures. But since most of you who read this blog are my friends on FB, I guess its really not that big of a deal!

Thursday-- I went shopping and walked around Georgetown!! BEAUTIFUL! and It was a gorgeous day! I probably walked 5 miles that day! That night, I had dinner with my old friend Jessica Schuett! It was so good catching up with her!

Friday- I met up with  some of my cousins. Shiloh is in DC doing an internship and her mom Jan was there to help her move. We met at the Natl. Archives and saw the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and Bill of Rights. Those were really neat seeing. So much history there!! After having lunch with them, I went to meet up with Becky! She was finished with her meetings and finally got to see some sites!
We went to the American History Museum and saw all the First Lady's dresses!!! Gorgeous! Then we took a cab to Georgetown to shop! I had a cupcake from Georgetown Cupcakes (known as DC Cupcakes on TLC) and Becky really wanted to try one. I cant tell you how AWESOME they were! Melt in your mouth amazing!!
That night we had dinner at a Greek restaurant with some friends from College Station!
After dinner I came back to the hotel to finish packing. I had a 6am flight back to Houston so that meant I needed to leave my 4 to get to the airport! There was NO way I was going to miss this flight!!

I got to the airport in PLENTY of time! and made it home to College Station by 11!
Archie and Chris met me at the airport. I have never been so happy to see my two boys!! I had a GREAT time, but i missed my guys!!!!

Oh--- and Chris ended up getting a parking ticket at the airport in Houston. He told me after I got to DC that he spent over 2 hours there trying to get it dismissed! HA!

Hopefully I can post pictures later!

---------------------------------------------------
on another note: the bootcamp that I have been working out with since I had Archie will be coming to an end :-(
My instructor Mike will be going to the FBI academy! I'm happy and sad at the same time! I have had a great time with this bootcamp and made some great friends! I know Mike will make an amazing agent!
All those times I griped about a 4:45 wake-up call, or those FREEZING mornings, or all the crazy stuff Mike make us do...I know I'm going to miss it come Mid-February!

------------------------------------------------------

Chris will not be participating in 50 Men Who Can Cook this year! I'm happy because that means he can actually walk around with me and try all the food. I am a horrible wife-- Id walk around, talking with friends, enjoy some good and not so good food, all while Chris was having to work. I was suppose to bring him food back to try, but I would get distracted and forget :-) what can I say!! oops!

---------------------------------------------------------

I turned 31 on the 14th! crazy! Chris, Archie and I stayed home-- he made me an amazing dinner. I already had plans to go to Painting with a Twist with some of my girlfriends on the 24th, so that was going to be my birthday/ GNO fun night! I'm really looking forward to that! I'm sure it will be interesting, seeing as I cant paint for the life of me!! HA!  Look forward to a blog about that!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope everyone has a GREAT Tuesday!!!!! I hope that wasn't too boring for all of my 5 readers! sorry I don't have the funny gene!

1 comment:

  1. Not boring! :) Jealous that you got to go to DC. How freaking fun is that!? Can't believe you were brave enough to go site seeing all by yourself there. Pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete