Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Best Daddy EVER!!

Best Daddy Award goes to ... CHRIS PARR!!!
I just wanted to take a moment to write about how amazing he is!


I knew he was going to be a great dad, but I had no idea. These first 4 weeks have been really hard on both of us...from the lack of sleep, dealing with poop blowouts and how to clean up the aftermath and just trying to figure out what this little person is all about. But I cant think of anyone else I would rather be going through this with!

Chris takes a night feeding and lets me sleep, which has been extremely helpful for me. Momma needs her sleep!! Right now I'm pretty much exclusively pumping and Archie is getting 100% expressed breast milk. Breastfeeding was getting really really stressful for me. Especially at those 4 am feedings when I am exhausted and Archie is having a hard time latching.  I had a breakdown the other day about how stressed I was, but Chris had to remind me that at least I tried it for 4 weeks. Some is better than nothing. And that's not a knock at those who choose not to breastfeed. I keep telling myself that " I tried" and that's what I said all along, that I was going to " try". 

Chris washes bottles, does all the yard work, takes Hailey on walks so she doesn't feel left out, helps cleans the house, changes diapers, helps feed Archie and most importantly deals with my meltdowns :-)  I don't know how I would have made it through these first 4 weeks without his help. He makes sure I get get out of the house and enjoy some ME time (Sunday I went to the movies and yesterday I went to the pool and swam laps.) 

I realize this is a luxury of course because Chris will be going back to work in a few weeks. But I am so extremely thankful for all this time that we have had together. I have a whole new respect for single mom's or mom's who's husbands have to go right back to work after their little one is born. I really don't know how they do it. I would be pulling out my hair... so much I would probably be bald right now!

Don't get me wrong, I love LOVE LOVE Archie and being a mom, but its HARD work! Thank goodness for all those AWESOME daddy's out there!

Now to the best part... Archie pictures!!






1 comment:

  1. So glad you've got yourself a great man to help. This mommy business is so hard!!! I'm exclusively pumping too. :high five: It works out so much better for us and I've gotten to where I only need to pump 4 times a day and get enough for at least that day and some extra to freeze. Makes it a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete