Bad things come
in 3’s. You always hear about the bad things, not the good. Does anyone ever
have 3 good things happen to them? If so, could you send me some of your luck?
And truthfully,
my 3 bad things aren’t really all THAT bad. Archie had a viral illness (we
thing he got something from Chris starting back to school) then he got better,
couple of days later he was sick again (cough, sneezing, fever, runny nasty
nose) and then yesterday… the $hit hit the fan! I sent Chris a text message
saying “I thought I liked being a Mom---Until Archie started exploding from
both ends!!”My morning started around 8 when Archie woke up. He had coughed a few times during the night...I thought it was all due to his drainage, so Chris and I really didn't pay attention to it.
I walked into Archie's room, and the most horrible smell and scene hit me! My first thoughts were, OH MY GOD--- he pooped all over the place! But wait, he has on footed pj's. How the hell did that get out?!
Insert horrible mom feeling moment--- that's what that sound was at 2:30 in the morning. Archie was throwing up! My poor kid had slept in his throw up, and it was all over him, his bed, his blanket, and Mr. Giraffe!
I called Chris right away! Luckily I was able to get a hold of him. He was on his way to CPI training, so he was able to talk to me for a moment and calm me down!
I got Archie and his room all cleaned, and we started our morning! I figured since his tummy might not be happy, I'd make him some toast and diluted Gatorade. I also needed to give him his antibiotic and probiotic… So far, so good! He held everything down, was playing, was in a great mood. We even went outside and played with bubbles!
Around 9:45, Archie and I were sitting in the living room watching Cat in the Hat. Archie was sitting next to me and sneezed. Okay, nothing strange about that. He looked at me (since he's had a runny nose, every time he sneezes he comes over to me to look at his nose to see if I need to wipe it). This time, nothing was wrong. In a matter of seconds after sneezing he coughed...
PROJECTILE
Vomit! He just sat there, throwing up all over himself, our TV remote that he
was holding onto, ME... it was going EVERYWHERE! I didn't know what to do. I
held up his shirt to catch some. I don't know how well that worked, but at that
moment I didn't know what to do!!! Sure I could have ran to grab a trash can,
grabbed Archie and held him over the kitchen sink, threw him in the bath
tub.... All these things run through your mind AFTER it happens!
And on to bath
#2 for the morning!Archie was back playing as soon as we got out of the bath. Finally @ 11 he started acting tired. One thing I love about him not feeling well (and I know how bad that sounds ) but I LOVE that I get some cuddle time. We rocked for about 15 minutes before I put him down. God I MISS THAT!!! At 6 months we stopped rocking him to sleep after his bottle so he would learn how to put himself down. Archie has blessed Chris and I with being an AMAZING!!!! sleeper. I know-- all you mom's out there hate me now! Sorry!
Well, the me from back then thought it was a great idea... the me now HATES that I did that. So, if you can--- cuddle the crap out of your little one. They won't be little for long! Okay—getting a bit emotional there!!
It all began a little after 1 when Archie woke up.
Archie is like clock work with poops-- always after one of his naps. Yes, my child still takes 2 naps.
I walk into his room to the most GOD AWFUL SMELL!!!!!!!!! I am just thankful that it was me and not Chris here. I would have had to clean up after him as well! Archie was standing in his crib, holding on the side jumping as if nothing was wrong! He was probably laughing in his head, knowing what he had hiding in his pants, or should I say, OUT OF HIS PANTS!
Bed change #2 for the day! I knew it was going to bad, so I didn't even bother putting him on the changing pad... Straight to the bath we went. Stripped him down, and as soon as I took off his diaper... OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think of the worst smell you have ever smelled and multiply that times a thousand.. maybe even a million. Now, gross smelly things don't bother me. Blood doesn't bother me. Having a loose, dangling tooth doesn't bother me.... But the smell that was coming from his diaper made me gag!!!!!!!!!!!
Bath #3 for the day, bleach the shower, bleach his bedding/clothes, disinfect his room (again)
Thoughts going
through my head at this point...
Chris will be
home in about an hourWHY?? WHY?? WHY??
Is this the last of it??
I really wish I wasn't a stay at home mom!
I have an MRI for my back at 3:30--- that will be some good “me” time
Chris will be home soon to help me if Archie has another accident!
Chris got home @ 3:15, and I ran out the door!
When I got back home, Chris had gone to the store to get some more disinfectant stuff, and I had two nice little surprises waiting for me... and these were GOOD surprises! He had a bottle of my favorite wine and flowers! He said Archie picked them out for me! AWWW!!
Archie just went down for his morning nap @ 15 minutes ago, so I'm praying for a "good poopy” when he wakes up! HA.
WOW!!!! How my
life has changed in 15 months! The things I talk about, care about and do.
Most of you may
not care how my day was yesterday... some may. But I sit here, writing this,
laughing! I posted on FB yesterday that Chris and I got parents of the year for not knowing that Archie was throwing up, but you know what--- If you don't laugh about it or talk about it--- you will go BAT $hit CRAZY!
No one tells you all the difficult things about being a parent--- I guess its because they don't want to scare you! HA
But I wouldn't change my life for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd do yesterday all over again... WAIT, did I really just say that! YIKES :-)
Poor Archie! That happened with Clay once too, woke up in the morning and he had slept in his own vomit......everywhere even the wall. Hopefully it will never happen to you again and hopefully you and Chris won't get it. Let me know how those books are!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious - thanks for sharing. Poor baby. I know that smell well. That is one nasty virus :) - Fara
ReplyDelete